Unrivalled placement opportunities at Robert Gordon University
The courses at Robert Gordon University have been designed to offer students an effective combination of academic study and practical experience. This combination of learning helps the university to develop highly capable and confident graduates that are ready to perform more effectively in the workplace upon graduation.
Many Robert Gordon University courses offer students a placement experience, ranging from a few weeks up to a full year*. These offer students an unrivalled opportunity to gain hands on experience, increasing confidence and becoming a valued member of a professional team.
A placement at Robert Gordon University is a fantastic opportunity to help increase future career prospects...
- Robert Gordon University has fantastic links with industry, both in the UK and globally
- Placements available at undergraduate and postgraduate level*
- Full year placement is not a sandwich course -undertaken as the third year**
- Opportunity to make contacts and develop important networking skills
- Helps to build confidence and key interpersonal skills
- Potential to earn a salary
- Vastly reduced fees during placement year
The Robert Gordon University Placement Office is at the very heart of the placement process. The Placement Office works closely with both the student and the employer to match the perfect student to a specific placement. The student can also specify where geographically they would like to study and options are available around the UK and overseas.***
* Fully dependent on subject studied and are not guaranteed.
** Students undertaking a full placement year in third year, must return for their fourth year, resulting in a Bachelor's Degree with Honours.
*** Students cannot be guaranteed an exact match to a company or location.
Former Student - Amina
Amina is a former ICRGU student who has now completed her studies at Robert Gordon University. Amina was successful in obtaining a full year placement working in Manchester for a marketing agency during her third year and we caught up with her to find out how she enjoyed her time on placement during her studies.