English Language Proficiency Test
Students applying for ICRGU are eligible to undertake the RGU English Language Proficiency Test.
What is the RGU English Language Proficiency Test?
The Robert Gordon University English Language Proficiency Test can be taken in the student's home country under secure conditions or on campus at RGU in Aberdeen at scheduled times.
This test assesses the English language level of candidates in the four skills of listening, speaking, writing and reading. This is not an IELTS test, but is written and scored in order to provide the University with an equivalency score: both overall and in each of the four components.
Who is this test for?
This test is for students who:
- Hold a conditional offer from the International College at Robert Gordon University, based on meeting English language requirements of the course they hope to study
- Do not have an up to date Secure English Language Test (SELT)
- Have an expired SELT
- Are unable to take the SELT due to time constraints
When and where do these tests take place?
RGU and ICRGU will run this test at different cities throughout the year.
For available dates visit the RGU ELT Page online and register.
How to register for this test
Before you register for this test:
- Register your interest for an exam by following the link below.
- ICRGU students should use their 6-digit student ID as listed on their offer form.
- Note that you will need to pay a test fee online, which is £30. This is a non-refundable fee, so please make sure that you are eligible to take the test.
- Have your ICRGU student number with you. This 6-digit ID can be found on your conditional offer letter.
What can you expect after registering for the test?
Once you have registered for the test and paid the test fee online, you will receive:
- An email confirmation of your test date and venue
- Student Guide, to help you prepare for the test and know what to expect
- Instructions on what to bring with you on the day of your test - via email